Summer is here, and it’s time to start making sure that our vehicle’s are in their best shape to handle the heat. Driving long distances during the summer can certainly take a toll on our vehicles, which is why it is important to have your vehicle inspected and properly prepared for the season.
At Downey Car Care Center, we can help you get your car ready for the summer, whether you will just be doing your regularly driving to and from work or you are planning an epic road trip. Here are some of the ways that you can get your vehicle ready for summer:
- Test that your A/C is working, and if it isn’t, bring it into our shop. We will make sure that your A/C is working again and clean air vents to ensure that the air quality in your vehicle is good. Don’t get stuck driving in the summer heat with no A/C!
- Bring your vehicle in for a cooling system inspection. The cooling system is what prevents your engine from overheating, and this system needs to be working properly to avoid breakdowns.
- If you are due for an oil change, stop by and we can help get you in an out. This is very important, especially because engine oil typically depletes faster in warmer weather.
- Double check that your windshield wipers are good and that there is enough windshield wiper solvent to clean your windshield when needed to be able to see clearly.
- Tires need to be properly inflated, aligned, balanced, and be in good condition with plenty of tread.
- Let our experts inspect your vehicle’s brakes before summer driving, especially if you will be driving in traffic heavy areas or embarking on a long drive.
- Have your battery checked to make sure it will last you throughout the summer.
To get your vehicle ready for some, bring your car into the professionals here at Downey Car Care Center. We look forward to seeing you soon!